22 Jul 2019
5 minutes with... Vicky Lane, Operations Manager
Congratulations to the Out of Hours department on taking home the well-deserved Team of the Year award at our recent summer party! The Out of Hours team is dedicated to increasing client engagement and streamlining the medical reporting process. We decided to sit down with Vicky Lane, Operations Manager, to get to know more about her and what makes the Out of Hours department Team of the Year.
1. As Operations Manager of the Out of Hours team, what is your main objective?
My main objective is to streamline our service for our clients, ensuring they are contacted at a time that’s convenient for them to arrange vital appointments with our experts. This ultimately increases client engagement and reduces case life cycle.
2. What’s the most rewarding area of your work?
I love working in such an energetic, positive and creative department. Together, we work to continuously improve our services for our customers and clients, and it’s extremely rewarding to see client engagement increase as a result of all our hard work.
3. What made you want to get into your current area of work?
With fantastic energy and a fast-paced working environment, the Out of Hours department is a fabulous department that’s always striving to be the best. We’re extremely committed to our roles and are always willing to learn – who wouldn’t want to be part of that?
4. Where have you worked prior to Speed Medical?
Before joining Speed Medical, I worked at Lancashire County Council and Places for People Housing.
5. What has been the best moment of your career?
Becoming manager of a department I am very passionate about and achieving Team of the Year 2019.
6. What has been your greatest personal achievement?
Watching my two daughters grow into awesome people.
7. Where were you born/where did you grow up?
I was born in Preston and grew up in Winmarleigh and Clayton-le-Woods.
8. Please tell us three fun facts about you.
- I am related to the Queen.
- I sang with Tom Jones when I was three.
- I was attacked by an octopus in Majorca.
9. Do you have any pets?
Two cats, Tia and Kiwi.
10. What is your ideal holiday?
I fell in love with Paris, however, I also quite fancy visiting the Caribbean.
11. What would your autobiography be called?
Always, ‘Carpe diem’.
12. Tea or coffee?
13. What are the best things in life?
Family, friends, fabulous memories and stilettos.