Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
The Company is committed to ensuring there is no slavery or human trafficking in its supply chains or in any part of its business. This statement reflects the Company’s commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all its business relationships, and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere in the Company or it’s supply chain.
This statement applies to all employees, officers, consultants, contractors, casual workers and agency workers (‘workers’).
This statement does not form part of any employee’s contract of employment and it may be amended at any time. The company may also vary this policy, including any time limits, as appropriate in any case.
All workers must ensure that this statement is read, understood and complied with.
3. SUPPLIER ADHERENCE TO OUR VALUES AND ETHICS
The Company has a zero tolerance approach to modern slavery and expects the same level of commitment in respect of the Company’s values and ethics from any and all organisations with which it conducts business. For the avoidance of doubt, the Company will not willingly or knowingly conduct business with any organisation that is in any way involved in slavery or human trafficking.
This is shown by:
- Due diligence on suppliers is completed before allowing them onto our panel
- Signed contract confirming they will adhere to laws, statutes, regulations and codes, including but not limited to the Bribery Act 2010, Equality Act 2010 and Modern Slavery Act 2015
- Publishing this statement on our website
- Signing up to the ‘Stronger Together’ initiative tackling modern slavery in supply chains
4. EMPLOYEE AWARENESS
To ensure a high level of understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our business and supply chain:
- Make this statement available to all Company employees
- Publish this statement on our website
- Obtain a signed form from each employee to confirm they have read and understood our policies, including our Anti-slavery and Human Trafficking Policy
- Review our statement and policy annually
- Signing up to the ‘Stronger Together’ initiative tackling modern slavery in business
- Added the ‘Stronger Together’ initiative worker questionnaire to our employee intranet
5. FURTHER STEPS
The Company is committed to ensuring a respectful and professional working environment, free from discrimination and with adherence to appropriate employment laws. This approach to mutual respect amongst employees is pervasive throughout the Company and consolidated within its policies and procedures.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes our Group’s slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending 31 May 2022. This statement will be reviewed and published annually.