9 Apr 2018
5 Minutes with Don Hughan
This week, our Key Account Manager, Don Hughan has taken some time out to answer a few questions to help us find out a bit more about him, including why his parents actually decided to call him Don…
1. What are your main responsibilities as a business development manager?
My responsibilities cover several different areas really: Sales, Business Development and Account management.
Specifically prospecting and delivering a sale, ensuring that we are maximising penetration (product/services) and volumes and most importantly, making sure that we are delivering a service that keeps our current customers happy.
2. What is your main objective within this role?
Carrying out all of the above but paying particular attention to company objectives and targets.
3. What jobs have you done prior to Speed Medical?
I’ve had a number of Sales, Sales Management and Account management roles within the fields of Financial Services, Automotive Industry (RAC) and Medico-Legal.
4. What has been the highlight of your career?
Whilst working in life and pensions I managed to break the daily, weekly and monthly sales record all in one afternoon – not a bad day at the office if you ask me!
5. What has been your greatest personal achievement?
Raising what I believe to be 4 great kids who I am very proud of (most of the time)!
6. Where were you born/where did you grow up?
I was born in Crosby, Liverpool but moved to Turkey for 2 years as a youngster. I’ve lived in Liverpool ever since.
7. Fun facts: 3 fun facts about you?
• I was born with Webbed toes and my parents very aptly called me Donald
• I share a Birthday with Adolf Hitler
• I’m a great dancer… just ask my kids!
8. Do you have any pets?
Yes, a Tibetan Terrier called Max and pond full of fish (admittedly, I don’t know their names!).
9. What are the best things in life?
• Loving and loyal family and friends
• A good night out – preferably with the above
• A successful Liverpool Football Club!
• People getting on with each other