6 Mar 2018
5 Minutes with Caroline Arrowsmith
In the first of our ‘5 Minutes with…’ series, we catch up with our Head of Sales, Caroline Arrowsmith, who has been with us for 11 years in various different roles within the company. Find out a bit more about what she gets up to…
1. What are your main responsibilities?
As Head of Sales, I am responsible for ensuring the sales team are continuously growing and nurturing mutually beneficial relationships in line with the company objectives.
2. What is your main objective within this role?
To drive the sales team by providing guidance, training and motivation in addition to nurturing relationships with our valued customers and key prospects.
3. What jobs have you done prior to Speed Medical?
My background spans a variety of management roles including Regional Manager for a large finance company before holding a number of positions at Speed Medical. One role even involved gaining Class 1 Driver status – an advanced motorist qualification that prepares you for high speed car chases.
4. What has been the highlight of your career?
There have been a few! It’s hard to name just one, but if I had to I would say successfully progressing within the Group to get to where I am now.
5. What has been your greatest personal achievement?
My son. He is a credit to himself and I had something to do with that! Completing a half marathon in less than 2 hours and a Tough Mudder half marathon, representing Lancashire at swimming and becoming a class 1 advanced driver are all definitely up there.
6. Where were you born/where did you grow up?
I was born in Berkshire but grew up in Lancashire.
7. Fun facts: 3 fun facts about you?
• I love music! Tiesto and Armin Van Buuren are amongst some of my favourites. I’ve even travelled to Ibiza and Miami to watch them.
• I love driving and have participated in the Isle of Mull Rally.
• I was selected to be in the First Direct advertising campaign on national prime time TV.
8. Do you have any pets?
A cat called Tux who looks remarkably like the cat from the Felix advert.
9. What are the best things in life?
Friends and family without a doubt.