The Company is committed to minimising the impact of our daily operational activities on the environment.
Throughout its business the Company will meet or exceed the requirements of relevant environment legislation as it relates to the Company.
This policy applies to all employees of the Company. It does not apply to agency workers or self-employed contractors. This policy does not form part of any employee’s contract of employment and it may be amended at any time. The Company may also vary this policy, including any time limits, as appropriate in any case.
All employees must ensure that this policy is read, understood and complied with.
The aim of the Company is to deal with any matters under this policy sensitively and with respect for the privacy of the individuals involved. All employees must treat as confidential any information communicated to them in connection with any matter related to this policy, and manage such information in accordance with the requirements of the Company’s associated relevant policies or procedures.
4. SETTING THE STANDARD
The Company will minimise waste by:
- Accepting that although paper is still necessary for business use, it will aim to ensure that only critical documents are printed.
- Ensuring that all confidential material is disposed of securely, by being shredded and recycled through its’ contracted secure material disposal Company.
- Providing the facilities which require all non-confidential materials, such as paper, card, plastic, tins and cans to be recycled through the Company’s contracted refuse disposal Company.
- Recycling all used printer toners, and in turn, use previously recycled toners.
- Evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible, utilising technology to further reduce any operational waste.
- Active promotion of waste recycling both internally and with customers and suppliers where possible.
- Raising staff awareness of environmental issues and enlisting their support to improve the Company’s performance.
- Measuring the Company’s impact on the environment and setting targets for on-going improvement.
- Conducting the majority of its’ business electronically via email and system links to reduce the need to print letters and produce waste.
- Raising awareness, encouraging participation and training employees in environmental matters.
- Reducing the amount of energy it consumes through the introduction of energy saving schemes.
- Utilising technology to facilitate the most convenient appointments for clients, in order to reduce travel distances and lower emissions.
- Communicating environmental aims and objectives to employees and external stakeholders.
This policy is the basis for the Company’s on-going environmental focus and will be used to measure and support any activities that are undertaken in order to reduce the Company’s operational impact.