Corporate Social Responsibility
The company recognises that the delivery of its’ service has a direct impact on the environment and local community and that it has a responsibility to be a good neighbour, a good employer and a responsible consumer of resources.
The company undertakes the following in order to contribute to its community and mitigate its impact on the environment:
This policy sets out the company’s approach to its corporate social responsibilities.
This policy applies to all employees of the company. It does not apply to agency workers or self-employed contractors.
This policy does not form part of any employee’s contract of employment and it may be amended at any time. The company may also vary this policy, including any time limits, as appropriate in any case.
All employees must ensure that this policy is read, understood and complied with.
The aim of the company is to deal with all matters arising under this policy sensitively and with respect for the privacy of any individuals involved. All workers must treat as confidential any information communicated to them in connection with any matter related to this policy and manage such information in accordance with the requirements of the company’s associated relevant policies and procedures.
4. SETTING THE STANDARD
4.1 COMPANY RESPONSIBILITY TO EMPLOYEES
The company is committed to:
- supporting and encouraging employees to be involved in charitable activities within the local community;
- ensuring that employees have the opportunity to realise their full potential and have the tools necessary to develop and grow through training, both compulsory and optional;
- operating an open door policy allowing employees to raise any concerns with line managers and HR and to ensure that employees are not victimised for doing so;
- Speed Medical Proprietary
- ensuring that each employee’s traditions and beliefs are respected, and encourage and promote diversity throughout the organisation;
- maintaining communication with employees so as to ensure this and all other policies and procedures are actively exercised;
- encouraging employees to ‘think outside of the box’ and offer suggestions as to how any policy or process can be improved;
- rewarding employees for hard work and innovative thinking in the event the idea improves business operation;
- protecting each employee or agency worker/self-employed contractor from third parties who may become abusive, this includes customers, suppliers and the general public;
- ensuring that employees protect and do not misuse company assets, only using them in an appropriate manner as set out in company policies and procedures;
- making certain that all employees are aware of the impact that the company and employees have on the external environment; and
- supporting and understanding employee well-being, ensuring employees are encouraged to maintain an appropriate work-life balance.
4.2 COMPANY BUSINESS RESPONSIBILITIES
The company is committed to:
- minimizing the usage of electricity by ensuring all electrical appliances, where possible, are switched off at the end of each day;
- adherence to all relevant legislation related to its industry and, where necessary, will seek legal advice in order to ensure honest trade.
- supporting charitable initiatives that are aligned with company values, and which will be reviewed annually through the company’s Corporate Social Responsibility strategy.
- competing fairly within its industry.
5. COMPLIANCE WITH LEGISLATION
The Company is committed to complying with all relevant legislation which it implements throughout the business by its policies and procedures. In particular without limitation the Company has policies and procedures in place for compliance with the following legislation and legal requirements.
Compliance with the Bribery Act 2010, as may be amended from time to time ensuring that no employee working on behalf of the company accepts or offers a bribe.
No employee is permitted to accept personal gifts from customers or suppliers.
C. RELATIONSHIPS AT WORK AND CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
The company instils in employees the requirement to respect all other employees, including with regard to private lives. Notwithstanding this, employees are discouraged from engaging in arrangements or activities which could result in a conflict with their responsibilities to the company.
D. PERSONAL DATA
All employees are expected to adhere to legislation and company policies and procedures relating to the processing and security of personal data.
E. HEALTH AND SAFETY
All employees are expected to adhere to legislation and company policies and procedures relating to health and safety.
The company is committed to delivering on all of its individual targets relating to the environment and expects employees to adhere to legislation and company policies and procedures relating to the environment.
- utilising technology throughout company processes to reduce paper usage and reliance on natural materials and resources, and
- suppressing the requirement for energy by reducing case duration and operational processes.
The company is committed to ensuring that premises are safe at all times to ensure the protection and security of data, including personal data and company information and all workers.
The company is committed to ensuring that:
- IT systems are well guarded and secure for the security of data, including personal data and company information; and
- All employees have a safe working environment and visitors have a safe environment when visiting the company.
The company will ensure that:
- Equal opportunities are created for all employees;
- All workers are not discriminated against by colleagues as per, but not exclusive to, the protected characteristics as detailed in the Equality Act 2010 as may be amended. Any instance where an employee is found to be non-compliant with this requirement will be treated seriously as this will not be tolerated.
- Recruitment will be fair and consistent to each candidate.
- Any employee who considers there are grounds for complaint should follow the company’s associated relevant policies and procedures.
The company will constantly strive to provide efficient, value for money, high quality and dependable services to all customers, and ensure all employees act in an honest and professional manner when dealing with all customers.
All employees will be, and continue to be, aware that the company processes highly sensitive information which they are entrusted with and that trust that our customers, suppliers and company as a whole has, must not be broken.
J. SUPPLY CHAIN
Working relationships with the company’s supply chain will be maintained as they are key to the success of the business.
The supply chain that the company works will be required to ensure that it does not breach any legislation applicable to their profession or the industry as a whole.
K. THE LOCAL COMMUNITY
The company will create employment opportunities for the local community and be aware that the business affects the local and wider community whether as employees, customers or suppliers. The company will constantly strive to build partnerships in order to create positive change.