Location: Chorley Type: Permanent, Full-Time Hours: 37.5
Speed Medical is one of the largest providers of medico legal reports in the UK, working in partnership with solicitors dealing with personal injury claims. As well as medical reports, Speed Medical can also obtain medical records, provide rehabilitation services and any further treatment required following a personal injury.
The Operations department is responsible for successfully managing new instructions from solicitors dealing with personal injury claims. Our teams will book an appointment with our panel of experts, request medical records when required and provide regular updates to the solicitors on the progress of the case, right through to receiving the medical report.
The Operational trainer will develop and deliver induction, refresher & procedural training for the operations department, and also identify and deliver any soft skills training. This role is key to ensuring that staff have the knowledge and skills required to provide an excellent level of customer service, working closely with Team Managers and Team Leaders.
One Team, One Vision – We are one team – unified – with one vision and all work together to achieve it.
Customer First – We listen to the needs of our customers and always put them at the heart of what we do.
Make an Impact – We work smarter with our colleagues, our customers and their clients to leave a positive lasting impression.
Real Relationships – We nurture real relationships with honesty, integrity and transparency.
Strive for Excellence – We inspire every member of our team to go the extra mile and deliver an outstanding service.
- To work in partnership with the team managers and audit team to identify and prioritise training needs
- To design, deliver and evaluate operational training packages, and refresher training
- Review, improve and update training and development material
- To oversee new starters from induction, monitoring their progress through training and handing them over to the Team Manager
- To keep training records up to date
- To work flexibly in line with the needs of our customers and the team
- To keep knowledge of each process up to date
- You will have experience of training to groups of staff.
- You will be flexible and willing to work across different sites if required
- You will have excellent communication and presentation skills
- You will have a positive can do attitude.
- You will be willing to learn and work Operational tasks in order to gain the knowledge required.
- You will have excellent organisational skills
- In addition to these skills the candidate will require the following:
English and Maths to G.C.S.E standard Grade C or equivalent
Computer literate with good knowledge of MS Office
Hours 37.5 Our core staff work Monday to Friday 9 to 5, however there will be an expectation to work Saturdays and evenings as required to support training for our out of hours team.
Salary £15600 to £20000 depending on experience
To apply for this position please fill out your details below and upload a copy of your CV.